Traffic is important for blog …. isn’t it? I believe many readers will support the statement.
So, do you ever wondering on how to create new posts that bring traffic? Well, I do … that’s why I am making this experiment. It’s simple but true method to decide what topic you can write next for your new posts to get more traffic.
Interesting? Let’s start …..
The first thing we can learn about finding idea for next posts that will bring you traffic is to know how your visitors come to your blog.
There are several tools available to record traffic data but in my case I choose google analytics. It’s free and simple to use it for your own benefit.
The basic data of google analytics you can use to bring more traffic into your blog
Traffic source data can easily guide you to see where your visitors come from. Basically there are only few source they might come, first is organic, second is direct and third is referral.
In case of notordinaryblogger, there is no subscribers. I have backfired with the two language concepts. I found it difficult to set the best ways to build my subscriber lists with this concept. If any of you have suggestion I would appreciate it 🙂
Meanwhile I have to survive haven’t I?
With no subscribers the main source of traffics you can use are search engine (organic traffic) and referral traffic (by doing blog commenting, social sharing or guest blogging)
So, if your blog has no subscribers yet, pay attention on your organic traffics. Does it increase from time to time? If it does, that’s great then you should know how to create more contents that has high potential keywords.
Do you notice anything on what makes your organic traffic grows ?
It could be the keywords.
Based on google analytics report you can see on what keywords your blog best at a time.
Try to look at it.
From the screen shot above, the main keywords that bring organic traffic into my blog are :
- Mencari uang lewat blog (make money from blog)
- Cari duit lewat blog (make money from blog)
- Menghasilkan uang lewat blog (earn money from blog)
- Cari uang lewat blog (make money from blog)
- Bagaimana blog bisa menghasilkan uang (how blog can earn you money)
- Blog yang menghasilkan uang (blog that makes money)
- Blog bisa menghasilkan uang (blog can make you money)
- Unique selling proposition adalah (unique selling proposition is … )
From that very simple data, I can conclude the keywords that give traffic for my blog in August 2012 was “make money online” related matters. That’s why my posts in September 2012 were:
- Are You Making the Right Business Choice?
- Mencari Uang dari Blog: Laporan Notordinaryblogger bulan Agustus 2012
- Make Money From Blog Notordinaryblogger Monthly Report – August 2012
- How to Make More Money from Adfly Text Link Advertisement
Blog Commenting and Guest Blogging
How about blog commenting and guest blogging? You can take notes on which blog gave you better traffic referral from your data analytics. Take a visit on them and learn the reasons.
Basically there are 3 main reasons why your comment gives traffic :
- You are the first one to comment
- You have valuable comment that stole many visitors attention, or
- You have eye catching post title and put comment on commentluv enabled blogs
What about guest blogging? I don’t do guest blogging recently so I can’t talk a lot about it in here.
Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin or else …. ? Which Platform Do You Use Best to Share Your Content
After you knowing which blog comments give you traffic, then don’t forget the traffic development from social media platform. Which platform do you use and how good is it?
You can see when the traffic is good and find out why.
Based on my experience it’s mainly because two reasons :
- The time you share your contents
- The title of your contents (the more attractive it is the better the traffic will be)
That’s it. That’s all three simple but true tips on how you can create new posts that bring more traffic into your blogs even though you have no subscribers yet.
If I may conclude the simple but true tips above, it’s all started with your on-page contents. You should have great title at first then find the idea from keywords data. And finally try to make a killer contents as a full story for your readers.
Read : 3 Easy Ways to Create Stand-Out Article
I know there must be another simple but true tips but, that’s all I know and give me good result so far to bring the traffic into my blog. Why don’t you share us some insight about it? I would be more than happy to hear your comments and suggestions