If you like to sell something online, you should make online store. But what if you don’t have any experience in web designing? then you don’t want to get hassle handling products on your storage or having complaint from buyers?
Well lucky you, there is a way out.
It is possible to make online store without product to create. All you need is the right medium for that purpose.
In this case those medium are amazon-affiliate, facebook or a blog.
What is Amazon Affiliate?
Simply speaking amazon affiliate is a program that enable affiliate (you) to earn money (commissions) promoting amazon products. This way, you will skip all the hassle of conventional store can have for selling stuff.
All your focus is to promote the amazon products to earn commissions.
Amazon will provide you with simple tools to ease you promote their products.
Are you amazon affiliate? Want to join in the program? Simply visit their signup page : https://affiliate-program.amazon.com
And then Facebook?
Why facebook? Well it simply the apps that makes it possible to help you achieve the goal. On the other hand, the number of facebook users are huge potential for you to earn serious amount of cash, right?
And then Blog?
Blog is one of many social media platforms available and is powerful enough to build you passive income because it will work 24/7 or 365 days a year without asking much of your attention.
How to Make Online Store and Sell Something without Product to Create?
The basic formula is to bring amazon store into the costumers, make them buy amazon products at their convenience. You act as the middleman that only hub the store (amazon) and the buyer. By doing so, you will enjoy the commissions from every sales happens on your effort.
As I said above that amazon provide simple tools and facebook give apps that makes it possible, this way you can build amazon store in your facebook page.
Have a look at the Easytronic Facebook page, for example. Notice the tab titled “easytronic galleries?”
The easytronic galleries is an Amazon store embedded directly into the Facebook page with HTML and an app. Everything is available and legal.
Resource You Need
- Admin access to a Facebook page (if you created it, you already have admin access)
- Free custom tab app (I recommend Static HTML: iframe tabs)
- Amazon aStore and its associated link
Here’s what you can do …. have Facebook and Amazon Associate Central open in separate browser tabs (or even separate browsers, if you like to). That way, you can go back and forth between the two if the need arises.
Including the App
Go to the app within Facebook (iframe tabs) and click the “install” button to add the app into your selected page. On the next screen, the app will ask you to confirm the installation location (the page in which you will install the app) if you manage more than one Facebook page.
Choose the proper destination page and click the “install” button as confirmation. Yes, it really is that simple.
Costumize the Tab Content
After the app installation is finished, go back to your page. You’ll see a new tab titled “Welcome!” on your screen. Click it and let’s costumize it.
Clicking on your new Welcome tab will drive you to this editing screen. In this place, you’ll be able to:
- Place your “code” in the index.html section
- Customize code further in the style.css and script.js sections (for more advanced people)
- Modify tab settings
- Make a Fan-Gate (not so important though)
By default, you’ll land on the index.html page of the app (this is where you’ll do all of your work). You can simply delete the existing text in that section.
Copy Your Widget Code
In Amazon’s Associate Central:
- Click the widget menu at one of the blue tabs the screen.
- Choose “search box” and click “add to your webpage: under it.
- The page will show a new screen titled “Search Widget!”
- In section “Select Format” choose “Search 2.0”
- Click on “designed default search” and type in your keyword product, for example “hdmi cable”
- On “search filter by department” click on “limit search to a specify category” choose the one that fit your selected product to promote (in case of “hdmi cable” the category choosen should be “electronic”).
- In “search result” you can simply use the default setting.
- On “widget size” choose “create a custom size”. The average size for facebook page is 508. You can adjust the number of rows and columns as you want.
- You can also adjust theme and color of your amazon store (this is optional)
- Click on button “add to my webpage” and you will see a pop up window. Click copy on it.
The code we’ll be working with should be something like (3 columns and 4 rows)
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “search”; amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “YOURID”; amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”; amzn_assoc_region = “US”; amzn_assoc_show_price = “true”; amzn_assoc_show_rating = “false”; amzn_assoc_show_image = “true”; amzn_assoc_width = “508”; amzn_assoc_rows = “4”; amzn_assoc_columns = “3”; amzn_assoc_default_search_key = “hdmi cable”; amzn_assoc_department = “Electronics”;
Secure the Link
When first pasting your amazon script code into the app, you’ll notice a message warning about your amazon script being insecure. This is really important here because, after all, you don’t want to make your potential buyers afraid when shopping.
So, make sure … Change the “http://” within your code to https://”
Don’t forget to click the “Save & Publish” button in the upper right corner. You may also preview your work using the adjacent “Preview” button.
Now that your amazon store integration is finish, you’ll want that “Welcome!” button on the front page to look a little more insightful for business, right?
- Go back to the “front end” of your Facebook page.
- Hit the small button (with a downward shaped triangle) to the immediate right of all page tabs.
- As the page expands, hover your mouse over the new “Welcome!” tab.
- You’ll see a new icon (pencil) appear over the tab. Hit this icon for a new drop-down menu.
- From this drop-down menu, select “Edit Settings.”
- A popup window will emerge in which you can modify the tab’s name and add a different picture to display as the button.
- You can always customize the tab as you please.
That’s it. You are having amazon store in facebook page!
Wait a second, what about blog?
All you need is just copy and paste the amazon script code into a blog post, don’t forget the code should be pasting in HTML section of blog post editor.
You will have the same preview as your amazon store in facebook page.
As a test I have made one in DVD movies category, here’s how it looks:
The only thing I concern about having the amazon store in facebook is that the store is not automatically open when facebook users land on our page. They have to click “the tab” first to see our store, this is the disadvantage in my point of view.
In this case, having an amazon store in a blog would be better for promoting it through facebook page. You can display valuable information to attract users and add your blog (amazon store) link into it. Those who click on the link you have provided is the targeted visitors of your amazon store.
When you done creating amazon store as you desired, your next task is to promote it to many potential buyers. Well, I guess promoting your own store is better than handling all the hassle of managing real store right? You still have the chance to grab the commission though.
If you think this guide is a bit complicated there’s actually software to ease things up. You can check it here.
Ready to make online store of your own now?